Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random thoughts...unable to sleep

So...I lie awake at 11 pm, trying to stop my mind from running. Funny thing is I have had the best day.  I was able to save money while grocery shopping and fill my house with food to eat.  That is one of the best feelings to me...providing food for my family to eat.  Having the cupboards full of good things to eat and not having to scrape up something for meals. 

Suppose I need to stop for a second and remember those who can't do this...provide for their families.  I am always so bummed when I can't.  We have been so blessed and I often forget that.  So many times when we can't go shopping for stuff we "need" I get so stressed out.  There are so many people who don't get to have the satisfaction  I did today. Wow...makes me stop and reflect on all God has done for me.

I was watching a video that a friend posted on Facebook yesterday...a reminder of the amazing universe God has created and how He chose us out of all of that.  Of how small we are and how huge He is.  Of how He died for us...small humans. 

All this makes me want to give Him glory more.  All this makes me want to stop focusing on the temporal things of this world and start focusing on Him.  All this makes me stop............

But then I want to shout!  SHOUT Praise to His name!  Just sing with all that is within me.  I would too...except my family is asleep.  I am in awe that He loves me.  That He chose me.  That because of what He did on that cross so many years ago, I can live forever! That even though my "Big Day" was so important to me, He still keeps providing even on these days that don't feel so big.  That He still loves me on the days I choose to make it all about me.  That even though he is HUGE and I am small, He still cares about my "Big Days."

All I can say is WOW...and THANK YOU!  Thank you Lord for all you do for me.  Thank you Lord for choosing me.  Thank you Lord for sending your Son for me.  Thank you Lord for today, my "Big Day"

Ok, I think I am done rambling now...good night!

No comments: